Artificial Turf: 10 Reasons to Make the Switch
Why Switch to Artificial Turf?
1. Lawn Appearance
- Most people make artificial grass their choice because it stays lush and green all year long no matter the weather! Natural grass can be unsightly with bare spots due to too much shade. And discoloring can occur due to disease or pet urine. Besides being evergreen, faux grass doesn’t wear down, so that means no ruts, bare patches, or uneven spots.
2. Easy to maintain
- Natural grass requires a significant commitment to upkeep. You need to keep it mowed and fed which requires pesticides and other chemicals for maintenance. Contrast that with synthetic grass, which looks and feels like live grass, but requires very little maintenance. It also means no more mowing or treating your lawn. All that is required is occasionally rinsing with a hose and some raking to remove leaves and debris.
3. Excellent Choice for Dog Owners
- Regular maintenance is even easier than with natural grass. Urine drains right through your faux grass quickly, leaving no yellow spots.
- Synthetic turf is durable and holds up to even the most rambunctious pooch. They be able to run and play without worries about the appearance of your artificial grass.
4. Weeds & Pests
- A natural lawn requires lawn treatment in the form of pesticides for weeds and pests.
- It also attracts grubs and other insects that thrive in natural soil. These in turn attract other rodents that do damage to your lawn like raccoons, moles, and chipmunks.
- Artificial turf eliminates the need for synthetic chemicals to combat these issues. Little maintenance is required with the upkeep and pests and weeds can be a thing of the past.
5. Mud and Flooding
- With all the rain southern Ohio receives, your lawn may develop mud and puddles.
- If you have dogs or children, this can pose a problem of tracking mud into the house. And, when it does rain, a natural lawn has a tendency to flood and affect the health of your lawn.
- Because artificial turf doesn’t require water, and has a barrier for natural runoff, you won’t have to worry about flooding because of the drainage features.
6. No Fertilizers or Pesticides
- When you replace your lawn with artificial grass, you have an evergreen yard. This means it will remain lush and green with minimal maintenance. There will be no need to spend money on expensive fertilizers year after year. And, that means a safer, chemical-free space for your family and friends. Similar to fertilizer, there’s no need for pesticides. This turf doesn’t attract outside pests that have a negative impact on your lawn. This will save you money as well as avoiding negative health impacts that pose dangerous threats to your family and pets from applying poisons to your lawn.
7. Reduce Air Pollution
- Gas-powered mowers, edgers, and blowers, produce an alarming amount of pollution.
- Spending an hour behind a lawn mower can spew nearly the same amount of pollution into the air as a 90-mile car trip. Mowers emit greater levels of air pollutants, including carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide, and hydrocarbons.
8. It’s Safer
- When it comes to safety, especially for homeowners with kids and pets, artificial grass comes with added peace of mind. In addition to providing a more forgiving surface, artificial grass, because of its fast-draining qualities, doesn’t get slippery when wet. That reduces the risk of slips and falls. It doesn’t wear down, so that means no ruts or uneven spots that could potentially cause injuries.
- An added benefit of artificial grass is that it is healthier than live grass because It is 100% allergen-free and completely non-toxic!
9. Conserve Water
- Artificial turf doesn’t require water, other than an occasional rinse if you have pets. This allows you to significantly reduce your water usage and save money. An average lawn can require 55 gallons of water per year to stay green and healthy.
10. Increase the Value of Your Home
- Landscaping can be a major factor in determining the worth of your property. Grass needs to be perfectly maintained to keep it looking lush and green. Weather conditions can quickly affect the perfect look of your grass. Artificial grass on the other hand, always looks nice and perfectly maintained. One of the main advantages is its durability so it won’t show signs of wear and tear. Kids and pets can run on your faux grass all day long and you can entertain groups of friends as often as you like without compromising the appearance of your turf.
- In addition to being decorative, synthetic grass has many uses. Golfers can sharpen their game with a home putting green. A bocce court can be designed, or croquet surface created that can provide enjoyment for decades. A surface for your children’s play area can keep kids safe from abrasions, slips and falls. These amenities will also enhance the value of your property.
When it comes to improving your outdoor living space, artificial grass has every advantage over real grass. If you’re ready to make the switch to artificial turf, we’re here to help! We have experience installing artificial turf for a variety of different needs. Contact LaMond Design today!